Friday, February 4, 2011

HOW am I going to do these things

It has taken me a little while to get back on so I apologize. Last time I told you about all the goals I have created for this year. Now I am going to explain HOW I am doing it.

First off, I made my resolutions. Once I got my goals in writing it felt like they were more official. Not something that I just had in my head swirling around where I could forget them all.
The next step for me was printing them all out. I have a copy (printed on nice cute paper) hanging right next to my bed  so I can look at it every time I am in my bedroom. I also carry a copy of my list around in my day planner. That way I look at it each time I need to schedule something. Having a constant reminder helps me to remember the goals that I have set.

The next thing I did was print out a bunch of monthly calendar pages. I slipped each years worth into sheet protectors. I hung each set on my wall next to my list of resolutions. No it is not the pretties way to do it, and next year I will try and make some way to make this into something cute, but it works. Then each sheet protector is labeled with a goal I have (such as working out). I have a dry erase marker sitting next to my bed as well. Each day/night I do something I cross out that day. This is another visual reminder that I am completing my goals. Once the month is over (say when January ended) I pulled the page for January out, with February sitting right behind it ready to go.

Lastly, I have made my goals known. That way if I seem to falter or get discouraged, I have people there cheering me on, and helping me along the way. (It also secretly pushes me so I don't fail in front of others as well.)

I have decided with my working out/losing weight goals that I need something more than just a calendar page showing what I have accomplished. I have made another work out schedule that I can follow.

Example:
Wednesday: AM: Walk 1 - 2 miles (slow and relaxed) followed by 10 minutes of stretching.
PM: Zumba class at the gym

I have these for each day of the week (except Sunday as that is my rest day). I figure if I can get in some light exercising in (yoga, walking, simple stretching) along with a harder work out (Zumba, weight lifting, running), I will accomplish my goals. I have also put in writing my food plan to follow.

I am a very Type A personality so I like lists and schedules and calendars. If I have it in writing I feel more organized and on top of what I am doing. I hope any of these ideas can help you in your journey to completing some of your goals. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment